What we are looking for
- Teachability- It is imperative for a physician-in-training to be the kind of person who is teachable and will remain so throughout his or her career.
- Hard work – We are looking for residents who are willing to work to complete their clinical care obligations in a timely fashion and support their fellow residents as a team in the care of our patients.
- Compassion – At the core of a great physician is someone who really cares for patients, and who will go the extra mile to serve, comfort and counsel, as well as care for others in the residency program.
- Integrity - We are looking for people who are truthful, reliable and consistent (in other words, predictable in all circumstances).
- Humility – We believe that arrogance, although frequently seen in medicine is highly undesirable in our program.
- Leadership – We believe that all of our physicians should and will be the future leaders within health care.
- Influence – We strive to encourage you to use all of your gifts, talents, skills and passions to advocate for others and ultimately change the world.
“The purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have none.”
Are you willing to go to the ideal place to train in broad spectrum, Advanced Family Medicine?
Good clinical care is the ability to think, reason and apply medical knowledge, and this can be taught. Teachability, humility and the desire to grow clinically can be modeled and, as a result, learned over time. But compassionate caring, integrity, a strong work ethic and a sense of responsibility must already be possessed. If this is what drives you, then the residency training period can become a time of dynamic growth, resulting in the kind of physician we all desire to become and who our patients desire to have as their personal family physician.